Histamine intolerance usually comes where there is an imbalance of consumed/produced histamine and the ability to break histamine down.
Histamines plays a role in:
- Gastric secretion and appetite
- Inflammatory conditions(CFIDS, Fibro, Lupus,IBS)
- Learning and memory(Brain fog, ADHD)
- Mast cell activation disorder (MCAD)
- Muscle contraction
- Neurological Disorders
- Regulating the sleep-wake cycle
- Skin Disorders(hives, eczema, strange rashes)
When you have a histamine intolerance finding what you can and can’t have would be the first place to look.